Business Development Resources
The listed organizations will assist with the startup, permitting, and growth of your business:
- Florida Department of Revenue - register to collect and report Florida sales tax.
- City of Deerfield Beach Business Tax Receipts
- City of Deerfield Beach Building Department
- Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation -access applications for professional licensure, view exam information, renew your professional license online, search for licensed professionals in the state.
- Internal Revenue Service - establish an employer identification number (EIN/Federal Tax Id), get information on federal tax responsibilities.
- Sunbiz: State of Florida Division of Corporations - incorporate business online, search documents, file annual report, etc.
The following organizations provide funding, technical assistance, and brownfield development opportunities for businesses to develop their economic development strategy. Click on each organization to visit their website for additional information:
- South Florida Regional Planning Council - provides economic information and technical assistance to local governments, private businesses, and neighborhood-based organizations with respect to the creation and expansion of employment opportunities,
- The Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance - focuses on creating, attracting, expanding and retaining high-wage jobs and capital investment in high value targeted industries.
- The US Small Business Administration - access information to start and manage your business, apply for loans and grants.